LABREWATORY AND OBC PRESENT
Collaboration Recipe Competition
Winners will get to brew a 4 barrel (120 gallon) batch of their beer at LABREWATORY and have the beer featured during NANOFEST on APRIL 9th and 10th!
RECIPES DUE FEBRUARY 21ST BY 6PM! WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT THE MARCH 10TH OUT MEETING.
- Teams of two (2) OBC members may submit up to two (2) recipes of their choice. Entry must specify the names of each member.
- Be Creative! Think about unique and complimentary flavors (malt, hops, adjuncts, alternative grains and sugars, fruit, spices, etc)
- No Lagers, Sours or Double/Imperial Ales. Shoot for a 5-7% ABV range.
- Recipes must specify an Imperial Yeast Strain
- Please reference generic malt styles (Domestic 2-Row, UK Pale Malt orGerman Munich) as opposed to specific brands (Midnight Wheat, Crisp Maris Otter, etc).
- Design for a 5 or 6 gallon batch with hop pellets
- Recipes will be blind judged (without brewers names) based on creativity AND practicality.
- The winning recipe may be modified to suit available ingredients and equipment
The winning beer will be brewed the week following the March meeting, so winning brewers MUST be available to brew between March 11th (Friday) and March 16th in order to have the beer ready for Nano Beer Fest on April 9th.
HOW TO ENTER
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm Sunday February 21st (9 days from now) specifying the name of each brewer, approximate style of your beer, name of your beer (optional) plus a complete all grain recipe including mash schedule and temps, boil length, boil additions and fermentation details. Be as thorough as possible. Let us know in advance if you require help converting an extract recipe into all grain.
The winning recipe will be selected by Charlie Johnson,
Head Brewer at Labrewatory